Tuesday, July 18, 2006

So for the last 3 months...

Ben has taken to the summer season with gusto by learning the fearless art of river rafting. He even made his own boat (see the pic). Dressed as 'salary' men and equipped with their expertly crafted homemade raft, he and his friends took to the high seas and competed in Sapporo's infamous Ikada Race. As the only 'gaijin', they were easy to spot as they bravely fought their way to the finish line. I've chosen a more conventional way to enjoy the summer. After searching Sapporo far and wide for rollerskates (I've always had a bit of a Xanadu thing) and failing to locate a pair, I bought myself some rollerblades (hush now). We're both extremely excited about our trip to Australia in August. I personally can't wait for a decent drop of Aussie red and a juicy steak. If you're in the neighbourhood from August 1st - 14th, drop us a email and hopefully we can catch up.

No comments: